Minor issues regarding the Spanish language

Minor issues regarding the Spanish language

Postby jmmunoz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:29 pm

Hello,

I modified the Spanish file. It had a few minor errors.

But there's a problem, easy to solve anyway, because the "Last updated" sentence in Spanish needs more space to be displayed there. In Spanish the translation would be "Fecha de modificación" or maybe better "Última modificación".
Because of the width of that section the whole layer goes to the next row, and doesn't look well.

I've "fixed" it by adding a
Code: Select all
<br />
target at the end of the line but it's not the right solution:
Code: Select all
$lang["last_update"] = "Fecha de modificación<br \>";

Anyway I guess you made the translation by yourself. If so I want to congratulate you on your excelent Spanish, especially remarcable because you're English and we all know that most Brits... well, forget that ... congratulations :D
jmmunoz

Re: Minor issues regarding the Spanish language

Postby chris » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi,
Sorry for not getting back sooner.
I must admit to hardly ever pooping by this forum as I am trying to concentrate the support via the new Google Group which can be found here. To be honest I am not 100% convinced that using the Google Group is a better method than having my own forum, but it is certainly one less thing to worry about (as regards keeping the code up to date etc.)
On top of that, for some reason I am not getting emails from this forum telling me that I have new posts....
Anyway,
Thanks for looking at the Spanish translation for me. It was on my to do list but, with so much other stuff going on with this calendar (releasing code requires a lot more work than one might think) it kept getting pushed back. I realise that it is not very well done and infact I seem to remember that there where some things still in English in there. My mid-term plan with the languages is to move them into a database table so things will be far easier to syncronise and keep up to date.

I will take a look at the "last date" width problem.
To be honest css provided with the calendar is not ridged and can (I would even say "should") be adjusted to suit each installations needs.
That said, with a future version I am planning to include a couple more "skins" and also an alternative layout so I will bear it in mind.
I am not convinced that having the last update date below the key is actually the right place for it anyway. If you take a sneek preview at my current development version (no guarantees that it will be working when others look at it as it is under development) you will see that I have moved the date modified up to above the calender where there will be no problems with the length.

De todas formas, gracias por tus sugerencias y comentarios (sobre todo por mi español ;) ). Veo que has escrito otro post.... esta tarde lo miro.

Saludos,

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby rcph » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:41 pm

Hi Chris,

I personally like better this forum, Google do not like, confusing and impractical, difficult to seek contributions and problems.
Personally intercede to return here to this forum :idea:

Petr
rcph

Postby jmmunoz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:54 pm

chris wrote:My mid-term plan with the languages is to move them into a database table so things will be far easier to syncronise and keep up to date.

Great idea. That's what they do here: http://www.tvsubtitles.net/ and everything is easier for all translators.

I also prefer to use these forums to talk about your application but if you've decided to use that Google Group to do so then I'll use it.
jmmunoz

Postby chris » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:24 pm

I have posted this elsewhere on the forum but just to let you know that I now have a new forum for the Availability Calendar:

http://forum.ajaxavailabilitycalendar.com/

I will now be concentrating my support efforts there.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions :)

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Return to Languages