Wildlife Photography Hide availability with booking function

It would be great to see the calendar in action. Post your links here (preferably direct to the calendar). I may well add these links to a page in the actual Ajax Availability Calendar website if I consider them to be interesting implementations (ie due to the styling or for actual use)

Wildlife Photography Hide availability with booking function

Postby Chris_J » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Hey Chris,

I thought I'd share my implementation of the calendar on my nature photography site. I wanted to show when my photography hides were available as well as allow people to make a booking for them.

I use you calendar in another project (weathericks.co.uk (see the panel at the top right)) and it's really good but for this project I needed something where people could book too. I trawled the web for a good event calendar but had no luck.

I stumbled upon this thread (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=274) about making the dates clickable and then just went from there.

Now, my JS is pretty awful so I expect any professional developer could do much better but as far as I can see, my implementation fits my needs. Users can select a date which has been predetermined as available by adding a new booking state through the calendar admin pages. From there they can make a booking by creating a session variable containing the date they've clicked. This then goes through the booking system I have created for my other products and once complete, the bookings DB table is modified to show the date in question as provisional.

The next step which I will implement soon will take update the booking date to 'booked' when a verified paypal IPN is received for the booking.

Check out a working example here: http://www.peaknature.co.uk/photography ... zzard-hide

This isn't quite in production yet so it might be subject to change. I'm happy to answer any questions about the set up if I can.

EDIT: also I thought I should mention - I still have the old .lang file trouble until I close and reopen my browser (Chrome Version 22.0.1229.79 m). Not tested that on any others yet.)

Chris

Edited - 26/11/2013 to update link to calendar implmentation
Chris_J

Return to Live Sites