Styling and Click Through

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

Styling and Click Through

Postby azchipka » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:42 am

Greetings,

First off all I want to thank you for making such a great plugin. I have been struggling to find something that would meet my needs as a wordpress plugin. Then I found this and minus not being built into the wordpress admin interface it is perfect.

So I have a few questions on how to make certain things happen.

1. I expect this will taking some coding on my part but I would like to add the ability to have an URL for a booking object. That way when someone clicks on the day it would take them to that link. For example I have a course schedule on my site and a booking object that is public event. I would like public event days to have a URL associated with it.

2. I would like to set it so when someone clicks on an available day it takes them to a URL that is a booking form.

3. I would like to be able to display the calendar in multiple views. I would like one view that shows 4 months, but I would also like to have a current month view on the sidebar of one of my pages.

I know this post is just a lot of random i want this and this and this but I figure perhaps someone on here has had the same needs so the solutions are quicker and easier by asking instead of spending a bunch of time trying to sort this out on my own.

Thanks again for such a wonderful plugin.

~Avery
azchipka

Re: Styling and Click Through

Postby chris » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi,

1. I expect this will taking some coding on my part but I would like to add the ability to have an URL for a booking object. That way when someone clicks on the day it would take them to that link. For example I have a course schedule on my site and a booking object that is public event. I would like public event days to have a URL associated with it.

yes, this will take some coding.
You can either modify the PHP that creates the calendar and add a link to the dates.
Or
Modify the JavaScript to attach the link to the dates when they are clicked.

2. I would like to set it so when someone clicks on an available day it takes them to a URL that is a booking form.

I am probably missing something here. That seems to be the same as point 1. ??

3. I would like to be able to display the calendar in multiple views. I would like one view that shows 4 months, but I would also like to have a current month view on the sidebar of one of my pages.

This is possible but you would need to modify the PHP code slightly to allow it.
Basically you would need to replace the default value that is retrieved from the database in the ac-includes > common.inc.php file with a hardcoded value in the page or url (you don't say if you are implementing via PHP or iframe.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Return to Support