Change no of months for mobile version

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

Change no of months for mobile version

Postby numptyboy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:20 pm

I'm creating a query mobile version of my site - I need to display only one or two months on the mobile site but Id like to still have 3 months on the desktop site.

I've tried to duplicate the calendar admin files and place them in a different directory and have 2 different admin panels but I can't seem to separate the two settings.

Obviously It'd be ideal if they both worked from the same database but had slightly different configurations. I'm using an iframe just now as I'm not a great coder but I'd be happy to give it a bash if needs be.

Cheers
numptyboy

Re: Change no of months for mobile version

Postby chris » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi,
This actually should be fairly simple as the code is already prepared for the number of months to be overridden if required.

All you need to do is defined the $_GET["num_months"] variable BEFORE you include the
calendar file in your code.
eg.
Code: Select all
$_GET["num_months"]=1;
$the_file="ac-includes/cal.inc.php";
if(!file_exists($the_file)) die("<b>".$the_file."</b> not found");
else      require_once($the_file);

So, you will need to set this according to the device being used.
If you dont't define this variable, the code defaults to the number that you set via the admin panel

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby numptyboy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:01 pm

Thanks Chris,

Which file does the code need to be altered in and what should I alter it to. I'm pretty new to all of this.

I really appreciate your help..
numptyboy

Postby chris » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:06 pm

That line needs to be added to the calendar > index.php file.
IE the one that you are including in your site.

However you will need to adjust the number of months according to the device being used.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby Razoredger » Fri May 16, 2014 6:28 pm

I couldn't get the code working because I donot know how to adjust the number of months according to the device within the existing code.
I tried and if else statement using the code above, without succes.

What I finally opted to force one month display on mobile devices, is to clone the page for mobile with the adjusted number of months set in the iframe. A javascript code was added to the desktop webpage to redirect user if mobile device detected like this:
<script type="text/javascript">
var mobile = (/iphone|ipad|ipod|android|blackberry|mini|windows\sce|palm/i.test(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase()));
if (mobile) { window.location = "reservations_m.html" }
</script>

The downside here is the existence of a cloned page, a GG no-no, to which a nofollow tag has been added for appeasement.

This is my quick and dirty solution.
I'm wondering, is there is a better way?
Razoredger

Postby chris » Sat May 17, 2014 9:59 am

If you have this JavaSCript code to detect the device:
var mobile = (/iphone|ipad|ipod|android|blackberry|mini|windows\sce|palm/i.test(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase()));
if (mobile) { window.location = "reservations_m.html" }

you could just use that same code to define the number of months on the original calendar code.
i.e. change this
var months_to_show      = <?php echo AC_NUM_MONTHS; ?>; // number of months to show

to this:
if (mobile) { var months_to_show=1; }
else{var months_to_show      = <?php echo AC_NUM_MONTHS; ?>; }

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby Razoredger » Tue May 20, 2014 1:44 am

Hi Chris,
I had already tried an if else statement but it didn't work. I will now try this.

Regards
Razoredger

Postby Razoredger » Tue May 20, 2014 5:18 pm

Just to give some feedback info, I swapped out the code as suggested in index.php, but it still shows 3 months calendar on my iphone. Here's what is in index.php now.
<script type="text/javascript">
   //   define vars
   var url_ajax_cal       = '<?php echo AC_DIR_AJAX; ?>calendar.ajax.php'; // ajax file for loading calendar via ajax
   var img_loading_day      = '<?php echo AC_DIR_IMAGES; ?>ajax-loader-day.gif'; // animated gif for loading
   var img_loading_month   = '<?php echo AC_DIR_IMAGES; ?>ajax-loader-month.gif'; // animated gif for loading
   //   don't change these values
   var id_item          = '<?php echo ID_ITEM; ?>'; // id of item to be modified (via ajax)
   var lang             = '<?php echo AC_LANG; ?>'; // language
                if (mobile) { var months_to_show=1; }
                else {var months_to_show      = <?php echo AC_NUM_MONTHS; ?>; }
   var clickable_past      = '<?php echo AC_ACTIVE_PAST_DATES; ?>'; // previous dates
   </script>

I'm using an iframe for display if that makes a difference.
Here's the iframe code I have, with lang variable:

<iframe class="sixteen columns calendrier" frameborder=0 scrolling=no allowtransparency=true
           src="http://www.domainname.com/calendar/?id_item=1&lang=fr"></iframe>

Regards,
Razoredger

Return to Support