Price box near date

Price box near date

Postby bruki » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Hello,

It would be great to implement the price box near each date so in future it will be possible to make the search form with the price calculation.

Thanks
bruki

Re: Price box near date

Postby chris » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:57 pm

Hi there Bruki and welcome to the forum :)

So, you want to be able to save a price for each individual date - right?

The problem here is that the dates don't actually exist until the date is booked (be it complete or half day) and that the moment it is "unbooked" the date is removed from the data base.
The reason behind this method is to avoid the need to fill the database with unused dates especially as the original script was designed to be used on a site with thousands of properties. This way, if there is not date in the database table, it is "assumed" that the date is available.

So, back to your proposition...

What do you actually want to be able to do?
Save a price when the date is booked?
or
be able to define the price per day regardless of whether it is booked or not?

I ask this as to know how how to go about thinking of how to adapt the script to your needs.

Chris

PS. I got your email about this - at least I presume it was from you otherwise it is an amazing conicidence :) If you don't mind I would rather try to help you out via the forum as hopefully all the requests and solutions that we can add here might be helpfull to others. Of course we can talk about the other matter if you like later ;)
chris
Site Admin

Postby bruki » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:57 am

Hi Chris,

and thank you for your reply.

Actually I'm looking for a hotel booking script where visitors can search available hotels. Something similar like this:
http://demo.onlinebookingmanager.com/guestside/
or
http://gogisys.com/gogisys/
or
http://demo.holidayplans.com/

but it must be for more than one hotel. Above solutions are all encrypted which I don't want to be because we are not plan to selling. We are small rental agency and we just want to have our own script so in the future we can change something if we want to.

If you have some suggestions please let me know.
bruki

Postby chris » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi again, so what you really want are 2 things:

1. - the ability to set prices per date
2. - the ability for a user to search the complete database to get available properties on the dates that they define.
is that right?

As you know, my calendar script has no limitations as to number of properties that it can control.
For each property it saves a unique "id_item" in the database table so you would just have to make sure that this "id_item" is related to each property (which themselves would have to be stored in their own database table).

Would you want to set prices for individual calendar dates or for "groups" of prices (eg. low, middle and high seasons)?

For individual date pricing, the calendar could be adapted but it would require quite a few changes so as to include all the possible dates in the database regardless of their booking state and therefore you would have to modify the way the calendar detects "available" dates by creating a new state (currently we have "all", "am" and "pm").

However for block prices I am not sure that the actual calendar script itself is the right solution for you as regards setting prices as it would be far easier to do using a simple form to define start date, end date and prices for each property and then saving them in a seperate database table.

As to searching the calendar database table for available dates for all properties, this wouldn't be too hard as you would really be checking for dates that DON'T exist in the table (ie. are available) though this might change depending on how you want to save the prices as mentioned above.
You would obviously have to check for every day between the 2 dates (start and end) so as to be sure that all the days are available (unless you know that all bookings are for full weeks)

Let me know if I am understanding your requirements properly and we can talk, most of this is beyond the scope of this script and forum as it would require specific integration with your site.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby bruki » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:29 pm

Yes. I think that your solution will be perfect. From where can we start?
bruki

Return to General