Script in use

Script in use

Postby chris » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:38 pm

Whilst this script is completely free for you to use or modify etc (ie do what ever you like), it would be nice to know where it is being used and, if possible, for me to be able to add a link to the site where it has been implemented.

Thanks in advance,
Chris ;)

PS. it would be even "nicer" to get a small donation :)
chris
Site Admin

Re: Script in use

Postby JPRGO » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for this awesome script!! :D
I have seen sites that asked over 500 dollars for a script similar to this!
So, I consider myself lucky to have found yours. :lol: I will make a donation
as soon as I get everything up and running.

I´m going to use your script on a website of a client of mine,
the url is not known yet, but I will post it here as soon as it is available.

BTW: When will we be able to download the version as displayed on the main page? The version in the zip file appears to be an older version.
JPRGO

Postby chris » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:36 pm

hi there and thanks for the nice comments, they are greatly apreciated :)

Yes, I realise that the zip script is actually a bit different from the one on my site but I think that the only difference is the select box to show months.

That said, take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8 in one of the latest posts I have linked to a new version that I haven''t made "public" yet as I still want to add some features, however it does have a couple of very interesting modifications that I think will be very useful. (note that it requires a small modification to the db - (code included in the post)

It would be great to be able to link to your site when it is ready and, of course, your donation would be gratefully received :)

Thanks,

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby eccles » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:12 pm

Hi Chris

Please accept my thanks for a brilliant, simple script. Been looking for something like this for a while now and it seems to fit the bill perfectly. I'm currently setting it up for a friends website in France, Chambre D'hotes and camping. The main site is based on Joomla 1.5, but I will probably run your script in a wrapper. I will let you know when I have finished.

Just a couple of points. I think you should add a link back to your own site at the bottom of the calendar. You should get the credit ;)

Second point, I found that when I updated the calendar, if I then went to the view only page it didn't refresh unless I did a Ctrl F5 because the page was being cached by the browser. I have got over this by including the following at the beginning of the index and public (modified index) files.
CODE:

header("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate"); // HTTP/1.1
header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT"); // Date in the past

Just realised, there is a third point. I had the following errors:
Notice: Undefined variable: calendar_months
Notice: Undefined index: day_1
Notice: Undefined index: day_2
Notice: Undefined index: day_3
Notice: Undefined index: day_4
Notice: Undefined index: day_5

etc.. These were repeated several times.

I have excluded them with the following at the top of the page:

CODE:

$ebits = ini_get('error_reporting');
error_reporting($ebits ^ E_NOTICE);

Thanks again for a great piece of work. Looking forward to more developments.

Regards

eccles

p.s. I am on version 1.1
eccles

Postby chris » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:28 pm

Hi there,
Thanks for the kind comments and the tips :)

Yes, I realise that I am "missing" out by not having my web linked to in this script. My initial idea was to just make it available to any programmer to do what they like with it, that is why, for example, some people get those php warnings. However, I am have since realised that many people are using it as a "plug and play" module for existing sites and don't really want/know how to modify it too much.
As you may have read I am currently working on a slightly altered version that will allow half-day booking states. However I have not yet replaced my zip file in the site with it as there are still a couple of things I would like to add and also I am considering packing it with a ready made admin panel so that it will be easier to use and understand.
Hopefully I will be able to make this available soon.

Again, thanks for your comments and code tips :)

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby eccles » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi Chris

I have been playing around with the script and have now got it live on the site.

http://www.normandy-camping-chambre-dhote.caven.org.uk/

For normal users it shows the availability. An admin user has to login to book the dates

Yes, I did read about the changes you are making. I will probably update later and modify the calendars so they show provisional bookings using Alt click. That's unless you ad this in as and option :)

I've also added a link back to your site on the calendars.

Thanks again for a great script.

I do use Jomres on another site I maintain, but has has far more features than I need for the one I am working on.

Regards

Eccles
eccles

Postby chris » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:19 pm

Thanks for the link - it looks great there in use :)
I am glad to know that it has helped you and hopefully enables you to provide a more complete online service to your customers (without getting over complicated)
I hope we can soon see lots of red dates :D

I trust that you had no problems using the "id" to identify each of your sites - as you will have been able to see, there really is no limit as to how many items this script can control.

Thanks for the link back, it is greatly appreciated ;)

If it is ok with you, I am going to add a link to your site in return on the actual script page to show it in use.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby eccles » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:41 pm

A link back would be appreciated Chris.

Hopefully, my friends have already got some bookings so red days should start appearing :)

Thanks again

Eccles
eccles

Postby grigua » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:55 pm

Just a quick note to say that the script is now live on localization.it : I use it to show my own availability :D

If you have time, you should turn this into a Wordpress plugin: I think il wouldn't take much time, but would give you a huge visibility (most WP calendars are quite bad...)

Thank you again for the great script!!
grigua

Postby chris » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:12 pm

Hi there,
Wow - you are one busy person!

I like how you have seen further than my suggested use as a calendar for hotels etc. - cool!

a wordpress pluggin :lol: .... there are so many possibilities, the problem is that few of them pay and this scripting takes time ;)

As you may have read elsewhere on the forum, I am actually working on a new version of this script, which basically has the possibility to define half day states as well (requires a small db modification), though I must admit that I have not been able to find time to update the public zip in my site.

Thanks for letting me know where you have used the script, I have added a link to your page on the script page.

I will consider and look into the possibility of a wordpress plugin.

Chris

edit:
PS thanks for the link back by the way, just spotted it :)
chris
Site Admin

Next

Return to General