Integrate with my own admin panel

Integrate with my own admin panel

Postby irisweb » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi Chris,
I want to implement this very nice ajax availability calendar on a website I'm setting up. I shall proudly make a donation once its running well :) . However, my iteration of the calendar system would be based on it being able to work around my admin system and not the other way round. Therefore my question is - is it possible (and if so - kindly give afew tips on how..), to remove login and session features of the system so that the admin pages are within my own admin panel. Maybe just remove page restriction in admin section so one doesn't need to be logged in to manage the calendars and then I can apply the restrictions through my admin system?? Or any other simpler way around this. Much appreciated.

Shad.
irisweb

Re: Integrate with my own admin panel

Postby chris » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi Shad,
Yes it is possible to integrate this into your own admin panel and indeed this is something that I often do as customization work.

However it isn't possible to give any generic tips as to how to do this as clearly this will depend on each administration panel and the specific requirements of each.

Basically you will need to remove the login system (there is a simple check for this in the index.php file) and replace it with your own. At the very simplest level you will need to identify between the two user levels, 1 and 2 where "1" is the main admin level and has access to the various calendar configuration tools.
Also bear in mind that the code is designed to show the calendars (on user level 2) according to their "id" so you may need to adjust this too depending on what you want to be able to do.

Clearly to do this you will need PHP knowledge however you may not need to adjust the JavaScript.

Hope this helps :)

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Re: Integrate with my own admin panel

Postby irisweb » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Thanks Chris,
I think I'll try your suggestions and if I hit a brick I'll have you do the customization for me..

Shad.
irisweb

Return to General Topics