Integrate curvyCorners.js? - demo available

Got some ideas as to how the calendar could be improved?
No bugs, no installation issues, just your ideas as to what could be added or changed in this Availability Calendar (remember, this is NOT a bookings calendar by default)

Integrate curvyCorners.js? - demo available

Postby kuczora » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:28 pm

The calendar looks great in Firefox, thanks in great part to the use of curved corners using the -moz-border-radius property in your CSS.

That now needs updating to use the new border-radius property so that things will look curvy in IE9 and other CSS3 based browsers.

That still leaves IE8 and earlier with nasty sharp edges to all the boxes, it really looks so poor compared to the radiused corners.

I came across the CurvyCorners.js file and am having a play around with it - early results look fairly promising.

I will report back if I get it all working properly - it makes huge changes to the page's HTML and I need to work round the issues with storing date data as a div's id.
Last edited by kuczora on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
kuczora

Re: Integrate curvyCorners.js?

Postby kuczora » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:09 am

OK I have the integrated code working for both the public demo and the admin demo that are offered as links from http://www.online-reservations.co.uk

Not a trivial exercise, the curvycorners.js integration needed a fair bit of fine tuning but I think that the results are worth it.

Any of your users who are viewing the sites in IE8 or earlier should compare the demos above with your own demo pages to see how curvycorners affects things.
kuczora

Re: Integrate curvyCorners.js? - demo available

Postby chris » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:02 am

Hi, thanks for the demo though I must admit to have not tried it in IE yet.
Personally I would not use the curvycorners.js preferring to let the calendar "degrade" for older browsers. However it is a good option if your webdesign *requires* everything to have curved corners in all browsers.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions