Note field.

Got some ideas as to how the calendar could be improved?
No bugs, no installation issues, just your ideas as to what could be added or changed in this Availability Calendar (remember, this is NOT a bookings calendar by default)

Note field.

Postby srelliott » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:41 am

Would like to see a third field under bookings that a user can type in a note and it gets saved with the other two selections and appears as note when hovered over.
srelliott

Re: Note field.

Postby chris » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi,
I have actually done custom work for a client that, amongst other things, required that behavior. However I am not convinced that it is necessary for the basic calendar script. It would be all too easy to *forget* to change the text between clicks and assign the text to dates where it didn't apply.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby srelliott » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi Chris,

What if after you applied, it cleared that field?
srelliott

Postby chris » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:46 am

hmmm, OK, but that would be rather annoying if you *did* want to apply it to several dates in a row. I suppose that it could have a check box that says whether it should be deleted or not....

I *can* see how it would be useful as a customization, I am just not 100% convinced that it is something that everyone would need or would want to work in the same way. My general idea with the calendar is to keep it as simple as possible and not add too many "extra" things.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby srelliott » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi Chris,

Totally makes sense to K.I.S.S.

I would suggest default behaviour is to clear it and the check box would say, "Do Not Clear After Adding Date" or something to that effect.

That way you keep the calendar working as it currently does with 1 added feature with an option.
srelliott

Postby tom.williams » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi

Have you got any example code on how this could be done? Or the possibility of supplying the code to allow it to be done.

Being able to add a 'note' would be a great feature for my install.

Thanks
tom.williams

Postby chris » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:23 pm

File: /ac-includes/cal.inc.php
Line: 118
Change this:
Code: Select all
<a href="http://www.ajaxavailabilitycalendar.com" title="cbolson">Availability Calendar</a>

to this:
Code: Select all
<a href="http://www.ajaxavailabilitycalendar.com" title="Ajax Availability Calendar" target="_blank">Availability Calendar</a>

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions