Another site using the calendar

It would be great to see the calendar in action. Post your links here (preferably direct to the calendar). I may well add these links to a page in the actual Ajax Availability Calendar website if I consider them to be interesting implementations (ie due to the styling or for actual use)

Another site using the calendar

Postby eccles » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:13 am

Thanks Chris for the latest version of the calendar. Nice and easy to set up and a lot more facilities than the earlier version.

I have just finished another site for holiday cottage rental. The main site is Joomla and I have used the iframe method of inserting the calendar. Works beautifully. There are actually three calendars on the site, each with its own DB. (Basically because I couldn't work out how to change the table prefix).

You can see it here: http://www.normandycottages.net

Thanks again.
eccles

Re: Another site using the calendar

Postby chris » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:57 am

Hi,
I am glad that you like the calendar.
I am not sure why you needed to use separate databases. The calendar script is designed to work for an unlimited number of "items" (houses in you case) from on single database. In the web pages you just need to pass the id_item to the calendar, in your case this could have been done very simply by attaching it to the iframe url.
Anyway, you have it working now so best leave it alone ;)

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Return to Live Sites