Help, I've broken "drag to sort" in IE only!

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

Help, I've broken "drag to sort" in IE only!

Postby kuczora » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi there,

I've just noticed that my hacking about has broken mootools when you drag-to-sort on the admin pages, and I'm posting this just in case the error report is at all familiar.

When I click on a handle to do a drag-sort I get the following error in Internet Explorer:

Code: Select all
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'getStyle': object is null or undefined
mootools-1.2.4.4-more.js, line 154 character 147

As ever, the error doesn't show up in Firefox or Chrome. IE8 under WinXP throws a slightly different error to above, but it's essentially the same thing.

I've checked by running some old development code and this problem pre-dates all the stuff that I've recently been doing regarding asynchronous AJAX and integration with CurvyCorners.js, but it's definitely my fault - drag-to-sort still works on your demo page (although IE9 does throw a non-fatal JS error in mootools-core if you have debugging turned on)

Now that I realise that the way you use mootools involves attaching events based on classnames or ids, I'm not surprised that what I thought was a trivial change to some CSS has broken things - I just don't get why it doesn't break in "real" browsers.

Don't suppose that error message looks familiar?

BTW The event that highlights the table row when you mouse-over the handle image still works fine in IE.
kuczora

Return to Support