Installation problems

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

Installation problems

Postby parishkj » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:17 am

Not finding it easy to install. Firstly tried to install on pc using Xammp but hit the problem with windows and slahes which just would not work. Transf=erred to live virtual server using Linux. Had to use the IP address rather than localhost.

I now receive this message

Notice: Undefined variable: show_config_form in E:\Domains\a\amesisdevelopment.co.uk\user\htdocs\calendar\ac-install.php on line 112

When I try to login

http://www.amesisdevelopment.co.uk/cale ... /index.php

I get

ac-config.inc.php not found

Please help

thanks

Ken
parishkj

Re: Installation problems

Postby chris » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:33 am

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having installation issues.
Not finding it easy to install. Firstly tried to install on pc using Xammp but hit the problem with windows and slahes which just would not work.

There are plenty of threads on this forum about how to resolve that issue - in what way did it "not work"?
Transf=erred to live virtual server using Linux. Had to use the IP address rather than localhost.

Having to use the IP rather than the localhost simply depends on how the server is configured.

Notice: Undefined variable: show_config_form in E:\Domains\a\amesisdevelopment.co.uk\user\htdocs\calendar\ac-install.php on line 112

You may need to adjust your php error warning levels to no report this type of warning.

You say that you are on a Linux server however I am not convinced.
That error message clearly shows that the server uses back slashes which is typical of a Windows server.
You need to apply the backslash fix as indicated here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=261#p1012

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Re: Installation problems

Postby parishkj » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:47 am

Xammp just could not find database as you say a number of threads I did try changing slashes but not sure where to make the changes.

Server is definitely Linux

Operating system Linux 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5

Access page directly
http://www.amesisdevelopment.co.uk/cale ... ig.inc.php

I get

Notice: Use of undefined constant AC_ROOT - assumed 'AC_ROOT' in E:\Domains\a\amesisdevelopment.co.uk\user\htdocs\calendar\ac-config.inc.php on line 9

regards

ken
parishkj

Return to Support