Upgrading from 3.03.02 to 3.03.05

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

Upgrading from 3.03.02 to 3.03.05

Postby nootkan » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:57 pm

Been a while since I've played around with this wonderful script and see I still have the older versions in use so I thought I'd upgrade. I see no docs on upgrading so I thought I'd check to see if there are any steps important to the upgrade other than backing up files/database before overwriting all files.
nootkan

Re: Upgrading from 3.03.02 to 3.03.05

Postby chris » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi,
There is no need to upgrade as this latest version doesn't bring any new features to the script. It just fixes a few bugs that have been outlined and resolved via the forum.

That said, if you do want to upgrade you can probably do so without any problems as there are no changes to the database - just make sure you don't run the install script and that you keep a copy of your config and css file (assuming you have changed the colors etc.). However you won't notice any difference so it really isn't worth it.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading from 3.03.02 to 3.03.05

Postby nootkan » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Thanks Chris, I do see issues with IE freezing up in the admin, so I will upgrade to get the changes also I see a security fix in one of the release note files in a newer version (3.03.03).

Is there a place where I can see which files were changed so I only have to upgrade them? I seem to have misplaced the changes/mods that I made when I first set up the calendars. I guess I could use winmerge to view the differences if I have to.

Update: I used winmerge to find my changes and the upgrade went off with out a hitch. Thanks again for a very wonderful script.
nootkan

Return to Support