undefined function during installation

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

undefined function during installation

Postby betwixt » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:14 pm

Problem!

This is a new installation. I've set up a MySQL 5 database and can connect to it but as soon as I attempt to go through the calendar installation (immediately after entering the database information) I get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: date_default_timezone_set() in /xxxxxxxxx/xx/xxxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx/calendar/ac-includes/functions.inc.php on line 12

I have obscured the real location!

The line in question reads:

// set local time for newer php installations that require it (function at bottom of page)
date_default_timezone_set(getLocalTimezone());

Any ideas what is wrong?
It's on 1and1's servers using MySQL version 5.1.49 and PHP version 4.4.9

Brian.
betwixt

Re: undefined function during installation

Postby chris » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:48 am

Hi, your server appears to be running a very old version of PHP.

The simplest solution would be to comment out (or remove) that line (/ac-includes/functions.inc.php on line 12) from the code as it is only required by newer PHP versions that don't like to rely on the date() function.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Re: undefined function during installation

Postby betwixt » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:08 am

Thanks Chris.

Your diagnosis is spot on Chris. I found the problem and as 1&1 are such a big ISP it might be worth mentioning here for the benfit of others: there is a setting called "global PHP version" in their control panel, it has options for PHP4 or PHP5 and for some reason mine was set to PHP4. After changing it, everything went OK and it doesn't seem to have screwed up any of my other PHP driven applications.

Thank you for your rather neat application, I'm still working on the web site it is installed on but be assured a donation will be on it's way soon!

Brian.
betwixt

Return to Support