great job

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

great job

Postby jmmunoz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:52 pm

I think it's great to share such an interesting tool. Thank you very much for it.

Is it possible to have a tutorial or something to know basic things like the following?

1.- Picking the days by clicking.

2.- Be able to send the selected days and a message to the admin's e-mail account.

3.- Choose if you want the am/pm availability to be displayed or not. Maybe you only need to show the days.

4.- Is there an easy way to change the password for the admin?

5.- How could we integrate the calendar in our websites?

6.- Can I add a personalized calendar for different departments/groups? For example, I wanted to show a calendar for "coordinators" and a different one for "technitians", using the same installation of the application, but giving new possibilities.

There are more things I could think about to make it better, but it's pretty good as it is now.

Congratulations and thank you!!

My best wishes from Málaga too,

Juanma Muñoz
jmmunoz

Re: great job

Postby chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Hi and thanks for the comments.

1.- Picking the days by clicking.

I presume by that you mean in the public version of the calendar.
As I mentioned in another thread, I am working (when I get a chance) on a new version which has several new features.
It will also include a demo version of the public calendar working with date selection and adding to date fields in a form.
I will add an explanation to how it works accordingly.

2.- Be able to send the selected days and a message to the admin's e-mail account.

This sort of thing is really up to the developer, ie the person who installs the calendar in the web. I can't offer everything in the download package otherwise there wouldn't be room for me to do custom installations and try to make some money out of the calendar ;)
However, that said, once I finally release the next version (no date yet) with the aforementioned example code for adding the dates to a form, sending an email with the dates selected will be a simple matter.

3.- Choose if you want the am/pm availability to be displayed or not. Maybe you only need to show the days.

This can be done by deactivating the "booking states" in admin.

4.- Is there an easy way to change the password for the admin?

This can be done via admin from the "users" section (one of the icons)

5.- How could we integrate the calendar in our websites?

There is a section dedicated to this on the website - How to Implement.

6.- Can I add a personalized calendar for different departments/groups? For example, I wanted to show a calendar for "coordinators" and a different one for "technitians", using the same installation of the application, but giving new possibilities.

That would require some specific customization. Something for the website developer to do or me if you want to hire me ;)

There are more things I could think about to make it better, but it's pretty good as it is now.

Congratulations and thank you!!

Bear in mind that this is a free script that people can choose to use if it fits their requirements or if they feel that it can be adapated to do so.
No doubt there are more "complete" solutions but they probably cost a lot more ;)
This is just a hobby project for me that I try to advance in my free time between "real" (ie paying) clients projects. As you can imagine it has taken a lot of work to get it where it is now and it has come a long way from it's previous version (version 2).
I think that if I where to add in all the things that you mention (and are imagining) I would have to charge for it's use but I am not sure that is that is the way that I want to go with this.

Thanks for your comments.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Return to Support