php warning messages being displayed

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

php warning messages being displayed

Postby JoRoman » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi,

I have downloaded your application today and installed it on my test server (WAMP on windows). It all seems to be functioning OK but I get a whole raft of PHP warning messages deisplayed at the top of the page and also in the little calendar boxes before the page data is displayed. I'm quite new to PHP - perhaps I can set a warning level....or maybe there is something more fundamentally wrong. Thx for your help. Looks like a great appl by the way.
Here is what it looks like
JoRoman

Re: php warning messages being displayed

Postby chris » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi,
These are just warning messages advising that certain variables have not been defined before the code checks their value. This is one of the features of php, it is not necessary to define variables before using them (as is the case with asp for example).

Most servers have these types of warnings turned off as they are really only of any use to the developer and resolving them is not essential.

You can remove these warnings by adding the following lines to one of the common files (eg "ac-includes" > "config.inc.php"):

Code: Select all
error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);
ini_set("display_errors", 1);

This reduces the level of php messages at runtime and should resolve your problem.

Let me know if this solves the problem :)

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Re: php warning messages being displayed

Postby JoRoman » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:42 pm

That has sorted it, thank you! :D
JoRoman

Return to Support