IE 7/8 display problems

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

IE 7/8 display problems

Postby Shawn » Wed May 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Hello, I wanted to thank you for a wonderful calendar. I have set the calendar up to show events instead of bookings but my problem is this, I have 2 months side by side displayed in a iframe in Firefox everything is beautiful no problems. When i checked it in IE the months are on top of each other instead of side by side and when i increased the wrapper div width, the inside of the calendar doesn't fit. I used the basic css straight from the package and only changed the wrapper div width/height. Has anyone else had problems with this before?

you can view it at

http://www.herewomentalk.com/calendar/index.php

Any suggestions would be wonderful

Shawn
Shawn

Re: IE 7/8 display problems

Postby chris » Wed May 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi,
Seeing it within your iframe would be useful. Without it it looks more or less OK in IE from where I'm standing ;)
Also, you should probably add in the doctype (and html headers) to the calendar file to ensure that it displays properly. Ie always use the "strict" doctype:
Code: Select all
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby Shawn » Wed May 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Thank you, I completely forgot to put the doctype into the php file for the iframe, I just spent 2 hours changing css for ie to no avail, after putting the doctype in it works perfect. I'll be sending you a donation on payday for sure. Once again thanks for your calendar and your support is awesome.

Shawn
Shawn

Postby chris » Wed May 12, 2010 8:29 pm

I just spent 2 hours changing css for ie to no avail, after putting the doctype in it works perfect

Excellent news :)
Glad to be able to help.
Let me know when the site is up an running.)

Chris
PS. I'll keep an eye on my paypal account ;) , thanks :D
chris
Site Admin

Return to Support