"Error getting states"

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

"Error getting states"

Postby problem child » Mon May 24, 2010 6:29 pm

Hello, first of all thank you for this wonderful script.

Unfortunately i do have a slight problem.
After install there was the missing language files error, I managed to solve it, but here is another issue, when I try to access my calendar all i get is "Error getting states" message.

I can log in to admin area, and at first it looks like everything is ok, but when i select "bookings" I get this error message:

Error checking items
Unknown column 'b.desc_' in 'field list'

Also under "booking items" I cannot add a calendar, when I try to do it I get this error message:

INSERT INTO `bookings_items` SET `id_ref_external` = 'fffree',`desc_es` = 'gdfgdf',`desc_` = 'gdfgsdf',`desc_en` = 'gfgdsg',`list_order` = '1',`id_user` = '1'

Unknown column 'desc_' in 'field list'

And my "booking states" page looks like this

I tried searching the forum, but unfortunately there was no simular issues.
Can you please tell me what could be the problem?
problem child

Re: "Error getting states"

Postby chris » Mon May 24, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi,
Actually this issue has come up several times but I haven't yet persuaded anybody to tell me what they have done.
Basically "somehow" you have got an extra language file in the language directory that hasn't been added via the admin panel.
Have you tried to add a new language by simply uploading a file to the folder?
The problem is that adding new languages "has" to be done via admin as new database table fields are added dynamically.

Check your "languages" folder to see if there us anything in there that shouldn't be there (ie doesn't end in .lang.php" and remove it.
Otherwise, you might have to try a fresh install.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby VehiCROS » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Hello,
I like the look of this calendar, but had error:
public_html/cal/ac-contents/lang/.lang.php not found

I resolved this error (or so I thought) by renaming en.lang.php to .lang.php

this helped, but then I get other errors:
and
Error getting states

I had some problems with the .ZIP file, I noticed a .ZIP for each folder is also contained in the main .ZIP file, the only way past this was to extract each file and folder one at a time. I was thinking maybe I missed a file or folder during the extraction.
Any ideas??
thanks
-V-
VehiCROS

Postby chris » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:51 am

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with this script.
I like the look of this calendar, but had error:
public_html/cal/ac-contents/lang/.lang.php not found

I resolved this error (or so I thought) by renaming en.lang.php to .lang.php

this helped, but then I get other errors:
and
Error getting states

Apparantly some systems (possibly Macs though I use a Mac and have not experinced this problem) add extra files to the folders. This is generally not a problem except when it comes to the language folder. The way the code works (will be fixed in the next version if I ever get time to do it) the languages are detected by the files that are in the "language" folder. So, if an extra file "slips" in there it messes things up. Unfortunatley, as you have seen, your solution will not work as the code then uses the "code" (es, en de) of the language file to get the data from the database. If this "code" is empty it can't find the correct database columns.

So, could you please check the languages folder for extra or hidden files and delete them.
Alternatively (and this is possibly the fix that I will add in the next "bug fix" release, you could try this fix which bascially tells the code to ignore any files that are not properly formatted.

I had some problems with the .ZIP file, I noticed a .ZIP for each folder is also contained in the main .ZIP file, the only way past this was to extract each file and folder one at a time. I was thinking maybe I missed a file or folder during the extraction.

I don't know what has happened there. The original ZIP file doesn't contain any other ZIPped files. I wonder if your system or unzipping programme is messing with the file?
chris
Site Admin

Return to Support