Only Seeing Text

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

Only Seeing Text

Postby home3sixty » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:46 pm

When I access the index.php file from a computer other than my web server, it is only displaying text. On my web server, I can access the index.php and even an iframe inserted into a web site on the server without any issues.

I have made sure that all the file permissions are set to 777, at least until the problem is sorted out.

I have checked the path setting through the admin login and am making the assumption (possibly my big error) that if it works on the local server, the path should work for those accessing the web site.

The only major change I made to the original files that I downloaded was to edit the functions.inc.php with a cut & paste from a post kirstyjay made in the Fatal Error after install of Availability Calender thread. It is currently the last post in that thread. That cut & paste resolved an issue I was having with the calendar not populating.

I have tried using both Firefox and IE from remote PCs with no joy.

Here is a link to the index.php:
http://www.seamistuppercaptiva.com/calendar/index.php

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you for such an excellent product and support! I have been able to find the answer to any problem thru the forum and doco, but this one seems to be just outside my reach.

Thanks again!
home3sixty

Re: Only Seeing Text

Postby chris » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi,
Although you say that your path is correctly set in admin, I suspect that actually it isn't.
The code is looking for the various files (JavaScript,CSS etc) here:
"/hosted/seamistuppercaptiva/calendar/"
whereas it should be looking for them here:
"/calendar/"
I suspect that this is a quirk of your server as it does appeard to work in your admin panel :(

Can you try modifying that value in the admin panel > config section and see if it fixes the problem.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby home3sixty » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Ok, so initially I had the /calendar folder in the folder of a hosted site... /hosted/seamistuppercaptiva/. Considering your comments, I changed the admin path config to /calendar and then moved the /calendar folder to the web server root. I again accessed the admin config and saved the path changes. This change works if I go directly to my root web site http://home360llc/calendar/index.php, but the path in the iframe statement I put into the hosted site doesn't work. So it fixed the problem of not being able to see the calendar from an outside computer, but I'm not sure how to link to it from a hosted site.

Here is the iframe statement I used:
<iframe width="700px" height="400px" src="/calendar/index.php"></iframe>

I'm not sure what direction to go. It sounds like most of the scripting (css, javascript, etc.) is expecting /calender, so I think I need to live the folder in the web server root. Is there a way to write the iframe src to point to the /calender in the root? I apologize if that is a stupid question, as I am pretty much self-taught and learning as I go.

The web server has my website built in root and then I am hosting a couple other sites out of the /hosted folder. The web server is providing all of the DNS for the sites and I am able to direct the hosted links to specific directories. Not sure if that info is helpful, but figured I throw it out there.

Thanks again, very much appreciated!
home3sixty

Postby chris » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:59 pm

t sounds like most of the scripting (css, javascript, etc.) is expecting /calender

No, the scripting expects the path defined in admin. This can be whatever you choose.

However the calendar does now not appear to be on the server at all, at least there doesn't appear to be a /calendar directory in root :(

Where have you moved it to now?

I must add that you did have it working for a few minutes so I wonder at what point you managed to "loose" it?

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby home3sixty » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:37 am

Path-Path-Path.... I should have figured that out just from the other posts.

It seems that because of the way I have the hosting setup, the root directory changes when coming from the outside vs using localhost on the server.

I removed everything including the calendar folder and the db in mysql, downloaded the files again, re-ran the install directly from the hosting folder, and modified the functions.inc.php file. Set the path to /calendar and everything works when coming from the outside.

Thanks for the help!
home3sixty

Return to Support