installation problem

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

installation problem

Postby gsmismans » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:24 pm

his calendar looks great, but I can't seem to install it, what do I do wrong? I like to install it on www.studioseventy4.com/arcosazules/index.html. This is where I am developing the site untill it is ready to replace www.arcosazules.com.
I have uploaded all files, set the writing permission and then tried to run ac-install.php file in Firefox. I give in host, name, user and password and click on save configuration, but the wizard doesn't continue... I get following error message: unable to connect to database, please check your data.
Who can advice me on this?
Thanks for the help!
gsmismans

Re: installation problem

Postby gsmismans » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:24 pm

I forgot to say that only the dutch version is already online :-(
gsmismans

Postby chris » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:39 am

hi,
you forgot to post a link to the calendar but I worked it out :)

I suspect that your mysql user data is wrong.
Have you double checked that what you have put in the instal file is "exactly" the same as your actual dababase name and user details?
Also, it might seem a silly question but have you assigned the user to the database? ( a user made this mistake just a few days ago)

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby gsmismans » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Thanks for you answer, but I'm afraid I do not really understand what you are saying (this is my first time working with php...). Please see my questions below.

Have you double checked that what you have put in the instal file is "exactly" the same as your actual dababase name and user details?
I did not make any adjustments to the install file, I do not see where to do so. I had made changes to the config.inc file befor uploading, so that seems correct. Please point out where I have to make changes to the install file? Also, do I have to create a database manually on the server?

Also, it might seem a silly question but have you assigned the user to the database? ( a user made this mistake just a few days ago)
Can you also point out where I have to assign this?

Thanks for all your help!
gsmismans

Postby chris » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:40 pm

You don't not need to have any knowledge of php to install and use this script.
You do however need to have a server which runs php and have a mysql database.

Have you followed the instal instructions here:?
http://www.ajaxavailabilitycalendar.com/docs
Basically you need to run (not make changes to it) the install script via the browser and complete the fields that it provides you with as it installs the script.

Regarding the mysql database this is something that you need to do on your server directly. If you don't know how to do this you may well be able to get your hosting provider to create one for you. If they do, they will provide you with all the information that you need to complete the install process (hostname, database name, database user and database password).

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby gsmismans » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks Chris,

Thanks for your help. I didn't know it was so easy! It is now up and running, or I can work in the callendar and adjust items and css... But I don't understand your implementation page, because - as mentioned before - I don't know ***** about php. I tried to add all the items in the page, as shown in your example index.php file, but it isn't that easy (of course)... Could you please - once more - help me getting started here?
Appreciate all your help very much!
gsmismans

Postby chris » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 pm

OK, I'm glad that you have got that all running.
Have you tried implementing it by simply using an iframe?

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby gsmismans » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Indeed, I sometimes first try to do it the hard way first ;-)
The I-frame was so easy... Now I only have to adjust the colours a little bit, but that shouldn't be a problem.
I saw you live in Malaga, the holiday houses I'm working for now are just nearby in Torreneuva, so you're neighbours.

Thanks for all the help!
gsmismans

Postby grape` » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:37 pm

I would like to use this script in a website for an B&B [www.bellarosa.nl] but I don't know how to to this. I have download the script an saved it into a map on my desktop Than I have upload it with my FTP-filemanager into a map with the name kalender httpdocs\kalender on my hostserver [hosting2go] After that I tried with Dreamweaver, and also with WYSIWYG webbuilder 7 to run the ac-install.php file but the results are, that I don't see anything, nothing happened.

Is there someone who can help me how to start with this script? Maybe is there a kind of roadmap how to install. (The instalation text that I have printed is for me not cear enough?

with thanks in advance. Grape.
grape`

Postby chris » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi,
In theory the installation is quite a simple process.
You upload all the files to your server via ftp (as you say you have done), then open a browser (IE, Firefox etc) and call up the install page which, in your case should be here: www.bellarosa.nl/kalendar/ac-install.php
However I have tested that and there is nothing there so I wonder where you have actually uploaded it to?

If you prefer you can define the settings manually by opening the ac-config.inc.php file in an editor and defining your database settings there.

Asides from uploading the files to your ftp you also need to create or have access to a MYSQL database. If you don't know how to do this I am sure that your hosting provider will be able to do it for you.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Next

Return to Support