Slow loading

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

Slow loading

Postby MossY » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Fantastic bit of code, thanks.. just what i was looking for. and the fact that you are keeping it free for now is perfect.

Ok, onto my issue. i have installed the calendar into my web page, it works a treat - apart from known issues (locking up in admin after an error)

However, although it works a treat, and does all i want.... it seems very slow to load. the boxs apear on the page and up to 10 seconds later, the dates appear.

Is this a know bug? is there a 'speed up' fix?

Thanks,

http://luxury-hoburne-holidays.co.uk/Ch ... abilty.php
MossY

Re: Slow loading

Postby chris » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi,
Im glad that you like the code and calendar :)

This isn't really a bug. Rather it depends on the speed of your server.
However this is a small change that can be made to the front-end calendar JavaScript file to allow the months to be loaded simultaneously.

Open the a =ac-includes/js/mootools-cal-public.js file and change this line (about line 16):
Code: Select all
async:false,

to this:
Code: Select all
async:true,

Make that small change and see if it improves things a bit (note you can't do this in the admin calendar as the code needs to wait for all of the months to load before adding the "click" functions).

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby MossY » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Worked... sort of ;)

loads a little faster now, thanks for the quick answer! one extra bonus of doing this change is that the 'loading' graphic shows on the month squares now, so at least a visitor can see that it is working, and not crashed.

Thanks again :) damn good job....
MossY

Postby chris » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:38 pm

That's good news.
To be honest, from where I am your calendar loads pretty much instantly (less than 2 seconds to load the whole lot) so the slowness that you are seeing may well be due to your internet connection.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Return to Support