Bug Reports

Bug Reports

Postby adc124 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi Chris,

First I'd like to say thanks for this script, it's really useful and has saved me some time. I have noticed a few little issues with it that I thought I should share with you to make the next version even better!

• November and December are spelt incorrectly in the english language file.
  • Thursday is also spelt incorrectly in the english language file.
  • The title of the A tag for modifying the availability status of dates is always in spanish.
  • The variable image_dir in the update_cal.js file isn't actually used (I had to modify this myself).
  • It also isn't very clear for less experienced programmers that there are variables that may need modifying in this update_cal.js file.

Hope you don't mind my comments. Once again, this is a great little script! Keep up the good work!
adc124

Re: Bug Reports

Postby chris » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for pointing out those bugs :)

I have now updated the zip file with these bugs now corrected.
I ahve also slightly modified the js file to make better use of the variables and created a couple of new ones so as to be able to define the number image type and size without having to modify the functions. However the functions are exactly the same so there is no need to change.

I am glad that you like the script and will hopefully find it useful ;)

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby adc124 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:24 pm

Wow, that's an amazing response time.

While i'm here I thought of a really nice new feature. I wanted to change the colour of the available/unavailable images, but would have to replace quite a few images. It would be really neat if you just had 4 background images (available, unavailable am, unavailable pm and unavailable) and changed these via CSS. Then someone would only have to swap 4 images. Just a thought i wanted to share with you!
adc124

Postby chris » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:20 pm

yes, that is definatly the way to go, I have even considered creating the images via php so that you would just have to define your colours.

Definitely something for the next version though ;)

Being a "free" script I don't have much time to dedicate to it :( - I am considering doing a "paid" version (whilst keeping the free one available) for people who require installation or more features - it is amazing how many people have contacted me for requiring help (mostly via email) as to how to install with questions such as what is a database etc. - one forgets that most people aren't programmers so need help. Unfortunately that can take up a lot of time sometimes, not that I mind.

Anyway, thanks for the bug reports and suggestions, - though you might have to wait for this latest development.

Chris

PS. the images are created in Fireworks - I can send you you the original file if you want, the colors are defined as library elements so you only have to modify the four items (I mustn't forget to stick the file in the image folder in the zip incase anyone needs it)
chris
Site Admin

Postby adc124 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:35 pm

That's ok. Thanks for offering, but i'm happy enough with the current colours now. I completely understand this isn't something you can dedicate too much time to, but thought i'd suggest it. The dynamic PHP idea sounds good. I'll be keeping a look out when I need a calendar again, which I'm sure I will. If theres anything I can help with, please let me know.
adc124

Return to General