install problem

install problem

Postby robh » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:07 pm

Hi

I am having a bit of a problem installing the script. I seem to have filled all my database details in correctly but I get the following error ...

UNABLE TO CREATE bookings_calendar TABLE

Please try again or use the following information to help debug:

QUERY: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `bookings_calendar` ( `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, `id_item` int(20) NOT NULL default '0', `the_date` date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00', `state` char(3) NOT NULL default 'all', PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `id_item` (`id_item`) ) DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

ERROR: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=1' at line 8

Do you have any idea how to get round this? Can I create the tables manually with phpmyadmin?

Thanks for any help

rob
robh

Re: install problem

Postby chris » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi there and welcome to the forum
A couple of others have run into similar problems and it seems to have something to do with the php version I or they are using.

That query is actually copied straight from the phpadmin create table that I used.

If I remember rightly, the problem was with the char set, try removing it so that the query is like this:
Code: Select all
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `bookings_calendar` ( `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, `id_item` int(20) NOT NULL default '0', `the_date` date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00', `state` char(3) NOT NULL default 'all', PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `id_item` (`id_item`) )  AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

Other wise you could of course create a new table manually with the following columns (as I am sure you can see from the query ;) ):
`id` int(10) auto_increment
`id_item` int(20) default '0'
`the_date` date default '0000-00-00'
`state` char(3)

I hope you can get this working and are able to make use of the calendar :)

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Re: install problem

Postby robh » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:41 pm

thank you for that chris. that seems to have done the trick

Rob
robh

Return to General