No Refresh

No Refresh

Postby Oldman » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi Chris,

Can you make the calendar not being reload every time a vistor of the website clicks to another page. I have the calendar in a sidebar and it's rebuilding every time you visit a new page. The days than disappear and are loading one by one again. I prefer to have a "check availability" button which gives the website a more mature look.

I'm curious if that's to achieve.
Saludos,
Felix.
Oldman

Re: No Refresh

Postby chris » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:50 pm

Hello again :)

Please bear in mind that this is just a demo script, how you implement it is up to you.
If you place it within the code of a page, clearly it will be reloaded evertime the page is reloaded as with all the other contents of the page - this has nothing to do with the script. Personally I would not include the calendar on all the pages, just show it when the user specifically requests it.

I think the only way to prevent it from being loaded is by using frames, however this is something that I would not recomend unless it is really necessary.
Alternatively your could adjust the way that your web works by loading the rest of the page contents via ajax, but that is quite another story....

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Return to General