Change the half day orientation

Change the half day orientation

Postby Carlo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:40 am

I've just seen the script and I like it, it's great! But there is one thing I noticed immediately: you use a strange way to show the half day (or changeover day). Usually the half day cut is from bottom left corner to high right corner, while you made from high left to low right. Just look at availability in big sites like holidaylettings.co.uk or ownersdirect.co.uk to see what I mean.

Another suggestion (as others have pointed out) is the use of text instead of images (setting changeover day image in the background).
If images have to be used, you should avoid the download of so many different image files. The way to accomplish that is using the CSS Sprites tecnique: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/sprites/
Carlo

Re: Change the half day orientation

Postby chris » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:13 am

Hi there and welcome to the fourm :)
Thanks for the comments and suggestions Carlo.
You are right about the images being the "wrong way round". To be honest though they are just demo images, the idea is (was) that the developer creates their own images in accordance with their website design. The reality however has been that most people seem to be using the calendar "as is" so yes, I need to change the image round.

And yes, I realise that the background image could be done by using just one image (and only on the half booked days) it is on my list of improvements for a future version but unfortunately I have had to put this project on the back burner over recent months due to the high amount of work that I have.
That said, it will happen someday, I just can't promise when :(

Thanks again,

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby Manuel » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:15 am

Please could you tell me what font you used. I am going to change the orientation for the am and pm bookings.
Manuel

Postby chris » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:30 pm

Hello,
I don't remember off hand which font I used but clearly you can use whichever font best suits your application, there is no need to use the same one.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby Manuel » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:41 pm

OK no problem, it was just so that I didnt have to redo the ones for the on or off days!

Anyway, a big thanks for the calendar code etc, it has saved me hours. I already have something similar but the date selection isn't as easy.
Manuel

Return to General