Help with Multiple Properties

Re: Help with Multiple Properties

Postby dewhickey » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:32 am

Yes, that's the ticket. I wondered about the alert(the_url); line. It used to be commented out. On the other issue, not having the "comments" row in my database table, yes, I didn't have that in there. I moved the whole thing to a different server and forgot to add it back in. Now, everything seems to be working. I just added a date with comment, and when I looked at it in phpmyadmin, it's all there, including the comment.

It might still be a little unwieldy for client use. You have to enter the comment before selecting the date. If you do it the other way around, the comment isn't sent to the database. That sounds like a lot more code. Hum, maybe this will be for yet another day. (I realize this wasn't meant to do this comment stuff. Perhaps, when I learn more, I'll take a stab at it, myself.)

Anyhow, I'm going to try to use it as is. My plan is to use an if exists to display the dates and comments in a table beneath the calendar on the front end. Something like that. I'll have to think about it.

Thanks again for all your help. You're the best.
dewhickey

Postby chris » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:41 am

Excellent, glad to hear that you got it working.
You are right about having to write the comments in before clicking the date is by far the best method, but it was a quick and easy solution.
I think that probably the best method would be to alter the code (quite a bit) so that when the user clicks on a date it opens a small modal window with a "comments" field and a "save" button". That way the user would have the option everytime (or maybe only show the comments field on a particular keystroke+mouseclick combination).
But, as you say, leave that for another day....

Thanks for the comments :)

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby Webline » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:30 pm

This looks like a promising script, and I'd like to implement it into a new site I'm making for a customer. There was a zip file mentioned to handle multiple entries, is this publicly available?
Webline

Postby chris » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi there, sorry for the very late reply, I haven't been able to attend this forum for the last few months. :(

The calendar script as is (ie the available zip file) is designed to handle limitles itemas "as is" you don't need to modify it in any way.

The only thing that needs to change is the $_REQUEST["id_item"] value.
This could be either sent via the url, posted via a form, dedined in a session variabl or hardcoded into calendar page.

Changing this value automatically "creates" a new availability calendar for the item. Bear in mind that the database only holds dates with "reservations" so, until the item has a date booked, it will not actually be in the calendar table.

I hope this is clearer ;)

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General