Multi-Admin, Populate with Sample Blanks?

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

Multi-Admin, Populate with Sample Blanks?

Postby HardRom » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:47 pm

Hello.

I've spent a lot of time on your forums looking for answers to my questions and have mostly found them- except: How do I add more users to one calendar?

In my live site, I've set up a generic branch username (e.g. BlueRidge), but I'd like the ability to add another user later ("Jim")- since I noticed that creating a user in my joomla install carried over the credentials (if they matched) and allowed that user to edit their calendar while in the iframe of the site itself without login (to the calendar admin itself).

Also, I'd like to know if (now that I've created over 25 users) there's a way to not have to log in to every account and create a calendar? Is there a way to populate each of the users' accounts with one blank calendar?

Thank you very much for your time, and your wonderful script. :D
HardRom

Re: Multi-Admin, Populate with Sample Blanks?

Postby chris » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi,
except: How do I add more users to one calendar?

You can't unless you customize the script.

Also, I'd like to know if (now that I've created over 25 users) there's a way to not have to log in to every account and create a calendar? Is there a way to populate each of the users' accounts with one blank calendar?

Again this is not possible. It may be an oversight on my part and will consider adding this feature in a future version.

Sorry that my answers are not going to help you solve "your" problems :(

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby HardRom » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:34 pm

chris wrote:You can't unless you customize the script.

Could you help me out with a little more information, please? In what way would I have to customize it? Is there a simple option?

chris wrote:Again this is not possible. It may be an oversight on my part and will consider adding this feature in a future version.

I know at least one person would be happy with this checkbox. :)

Again, I thank you for this wonderful script- my issues aside.
HardRom

Postby chris » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:39 am

chris wrote:You can't unless you customize the script.

Could you help me out with a little more information, please? In what way would I have to customize it? Is there a simple option?

You will need to modify the php to allow multiple users to view the calendars.
I can't really give you any code as it would require several changes in various files and would depend on what you actually want. The simplest method would be to make all the users "administrators" by modifying their "level" in that database but then of course they would all have access to all the admin configuration data too.

You will need to dive in to the PHP.
If this is something that you might want me to do for you feel free to send me an email with your requirements and I can work out a time and cost estimate.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Return to Support