.lang file not found

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

.lang file not found

Postby philm » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi,
The calendar had been working well on my site for ages and now I'm suddenly getting this file not found message:

public_html/flatoneperth.com/calendars/ac-contents/lang/.lang.php not found

I've not been able to find a fix for the problem on the forum. There doesn't seem to be .lang file in the ac-contents folder. I've created one but it doesn't really help. Any ideas please?
philm

Re: .lang file not found

Postby chris » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi,
This issue has come up quite often on this forum. It appears to have something to do with the server not recognising $_REQUEST variables. If the calendar was working and has suddenly stopped I suspect that something has changed in the php configuration on the server.
So, the code hasn't detected the language correctly so is defaulting to an "empty" language.

Please take a look at these 2 posts:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=745#p2517
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=368&start=20#p2464

If I am right, applying the code changes suggested there *should* fix your issue.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby RiseAbove » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:33 am

I have this issue as well. maybe my input can shed some light on problem. ?
Great script BTW, it was working great until I tried to delete the Spanish language files, to simply. I got some kind of error saying "Files were NOT deleted." Shortly after that, I noticed the calendar was malfunctioning and giving me the language file not found. Since I had not yet done so, and my calendar was not showing color coding as expected ... I went into my directory and changed the path in one of the theme files or something. (It's possible that this is when I first noticed the Language error appear). I came on this support forum and followed your recommended steps here. They did not fix the problem for me ... but I discovered another possible reason for the language problem while I was try to apply them.

When I was checking to see if I needed to update or re-add the spanish or english language file, the screen had these instructions:
Adding a new language will add the required fields to the database and copy the english language file ready to be translated.
Note - the language folder and files must have write permissions (chmod 777)

The language folder had to be 777! which it was not. Is it supposed to remain that way? Or only when adding or deleting a language?

I have to re-read the install instructions, but it seems like several crucial steps are not included in the instructions I was following.
RiseAbove

Postby chris » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:43 am

Hi,
When I was checking to see if I needed to update or re-add the spanish or english language file, the screen had these instructions:

Adding a new language will add the required fields to the database and copy the english language file ready to be translated.
Note - the language folder and files must have write permissions (chmod 777)

The language folder had to be 777! which it was not. Is it supposed to remain that way? Or only when adding or deleting a language?

I have to re-read the install instructions, but it seems like several crucial steps are not included in the instructions I was following.

Yes, the language directory should have 777 if you plan to edit it via the admin panel.
This is mentioned in the readme.txt file that is supplied with the download package and also on the online docs.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby RiseAbove » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:14 pm

Thank you for your reply. I did not see the read me files in the download. I noticed the docs folder, but thought it was part of of script!

In the lang folder, I only see: en.lang.php and es.lang.php but the error I'm getting is that it cannot find ac-contents/lang/.lang.php not found

Wondering if it somehow got deleted, by accident or it's just a file I can upload?

when the paths to change keep referring to calendar/ac- whatever... I assume calendar is to be changed to the name we gave the folder when we first began the installation. Correct?

Can I delete all folders, including the database and just do a fresh install? or no?
RiseAbove

Postby chris » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:45 pm

but the error I'm getting is that it cannot find ac-contents/lang/.lang.php not found

No such file exists.
You are getting this error because the code hasn't identified the language correctly.
Please follow the advice that I gave to philm earlier in this thread to see if it resolves your issue.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby RiseAbove » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:04 am

Somehow it resolved itself while I was away from the computer today! This morning I made a lot of changes, that I expected would fix the issues, but saw no immediate change. I considered the possibility, that the problem may be something about MY web browser, or computer, was not handling the javascript, or ajax scripting correctly.

I'll bet it was that or the server, which was also painfully slow at the time.
Thanks for you patience and you quick responses.
RiseAbove

Postby crypto430 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:07 pm

I think I finally solved this issue with IE8, at least for me :D

There is another file where you need to substitute the $_REQUEST with $_GET just like the one Chris pointed out.

AC-INCLUDES/AJAX/AJAX-COMMON.INC.PHP

Change
// define language
if(!isset($_REQUEST["lang"])) $_REQUEST["lang"]=AC_DEFAULT_LANG;
define("LANG", $_REQUEST["lang"]);
TO
// define language
if(!isset($_GET["lang"])) $_GET["lang"]=AC_DEFAULT_LANG;
define("LANG", $_GET["lang"]);

Once I did that, it worked with IE8 instantly.

Crypto
crypto430

Postby philm » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:28 am

Thanks for your replies guys. Chris's fix worked for me in Firefox but I was still getting some problems in Safari (since the upgrade to 5.1 I guess). The last post here in regards to IE8 also fixed my problem for Safari. Seems this isn't just a server side problem then(?)
philm

Postby jonnamethat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:23 pm

Did this ever get sorted?
I have a site suffering from this issue in safari.
jonnamethat

Return to Support