Users cannot see calendar

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

Users cannot see calendar

Postby gayford » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:36 am

First, your product is extremely helpful and does just what we need for managing our college's language lab. Thanks!
Problem: only I (logged in as administrator) can view and edit the calendar. I'm using S2Member plugin with hierarchial security to pages and posts. However, even after stripping all the security away, others cannot view or edit the calendar. They can access the page where the calendar resides but can only see the "Add Events" link and the events legend/key... when they click on "Add Events" the error message says they "do not have sufficient permission to access to this page". Again, it's not my WordPress page that is being blocked, but the object [ calendar].

Any quick help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I boasted to all our instructors about this fabulous new tool and when they tried to use it they couldn't.
gayford

Re: Users cannot see calendar

Postby chris » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:10 am

Hi,
What is the "add events" button? The calendar script has no such button by default so I assume that it is something that you have added.

On general terms, other than the admin, the users can only see the items and calendars for that they have created. If you want to change this, you will need to change the mysql code that selects these items according to the user ID.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby gayford » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:13 pm

I see now that I have to change the users' role to "calendar contributor" but I already have roles assigned to my users that control which of my WordPress pages they can access and I don't want to change the whole structure of the site in order for certain user roles to access the calendar. It appears that I can't select multiple roles. What can I do?
gayford

Postby gayford » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Really? You didn't add the "add events" button? I didn't add it. I wouldn't know how.
I've attached some screenshots.
Attachments
calendar problem2.jpg
this is the "edit page" html view
calendar problem2.jpg (147.97 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
calendar problem1.jpg
this is the "edit page" visual view
calendar problem1.jpg (140.07 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
calendar problem.jpg
this is what users see instead of the calendar
calendar problem.jpg (86.47 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
gayford

Postby chris » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:53 pm

I'm afraid that you have got the wrong forum. What your screen shots show is not from this calendar script.
Sorry to not be of more help.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Return to Support