Changing of keys for booking state

Help with installation and general calendar setttings

Changing of keys for booking state

Postby oeko-sorpe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi,
I use "Booked am" and "Booked pm". In the moment there are different colours which symbolize the booking state in the calendar and the "key" column. On the first page of the website (www.availabilitycalendar.com) you can see red triangles in the key column to symbolize the states "Booked am" and "Booked pm".
Is it possible to use these instead of different colours? These triangles are more intuitive than the colours.
Thanks for answering
Richard
oeko-sorpe

Re: Changing of keys for booking state

Postby oeko-sorpe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Solved. Not neccessary to answer.I defined background pictures, not colours.
Richard
oeko-sorpe

Postby grape` » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Hi, I would like to change the color of the boookings keys but I don't know where that's possible. In the admin page tabblad [Booking States] I'm missing the keys for the halfday am and pm.
Who can tell me how to change this items?
grape`

Postby chris » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:44 pm

You can define/modify the colors of the states in the calendar css file.
You must also check that the path tto the "half" background image (sprite) is correct as, by default, it is set to have "calendar" as the base directory of the calendar script.

You can find the calendar css sheet in the calendar/ac-contents/themes/default/css/avail-calendar.css
(the code is set up so that you can create your own templates, that is why the path is so long)

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby grape` » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi Chris,
With DreamWeaver I have tried to make changes for the color in calendar/ac-contents/themes/default/css/avail-calendar.css Wen I take a view I saw th not only the color was changed also the data were shifted. So I tought put everything back and start again. But nothing hapened? How can I recover the original settings.
I hope you can/will help me.
grape`

Postby chris » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:49 pm

My first recommendation would be not to use Dreamweaver for anything.
However, I realise that is an unrealistic expectation ;)

If something has gone wrong with the css, just upload it again using the original file that you downloaded from the ajaxavailabilitycalendar site.
I suspect that the dreamweaver "drag&drop" mode is adding in a load of extra stuff somehwere along the line.

Then, try to open it in dreamweaver but in some sort of "code only" view (it is years since I used dreamweaver) and then just change the classes that you want to modify.

A final alternative solution would be or me to do it.
If you want this, let me know the colors and states that you want to change and I can have a go for you (I assume the ftp details haven't changed)

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby grape` » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:17 pm

That would be verry kind of you:
The key for Booked the color red
The key for reserved={Gereserveerd] the color orange
The key for Available=(Vrij) the color grey (the color it was original)
the keys for Booked am+pm; the color it was original
And for you info this link in the examples doesn't work anymore: Landed Houses - Large Country Houses For Rent
Is't a good idea to make a copy and than make some exercises?

thanks in advance grape.
grape`

Postby chris » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:01 pm

The key for Booked the color red
The key for reserved={Gereserveerd] the color orange
The key for Available=(Vrij) the color grey (the color it was original)
the keys for Booked am+pm; the color it was original

From what you have defined the colors that you want are all the original ones so I have simply uploaded the original css file.

I have left your copy of the css file there in case you need if for reference.

And for you info this link in the examples doesn't work anymore: Landed Houses - Large Country Houses For Rent

I am not sure that I know what you mean by this :(

Is't a good idea to make a copy and than make some exercises?

It is always a good idea to test things before you go "public" with them.
That said, there is not that much too this calendar so playing around with it in my demo should be enough to see what it can do.

Chris
chris
Site Admin

Postby grape` » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi Chris,
on your site; [cbolson.com] there you have a tabblad [Exemples] the visitors can have a look to diverent sites but 1 of them doesn't work anymore: Landed Houses - Large Country Houses For Rent
Ev'rything looked perfect so a link that doesn't work I think if you know you removed that. Thanks a lot.
grape`

Postby Trevista » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:51 pm

I want to have a coloured state for when my holiday bungalow is unavailable reading this I have modified the ccs file to include this line

.cal_month ul li.booked_un { background-color: #006633; } /* complete day unavailable*/

and have inserted it here:

cal_month ul li.booked { background-color: #FF0000; } /* complete day booked */
.cal_month ul li.booked_pr { background-color: #ff9700; } /* complete day provisionally booked */
.cal_month ul li.booked_un { background-color: #006633; } /* complete day unavailable*/

However the admin panel still shows the colour of Unavailable as being grey any idea where I have gone wrong? Or how I can have a coloured booking state for Unavailable?

I am a bit new to all this but do have knowledge of html!

Richard
Trevista

Next

Return to Support